The new Semester begins February 2023
If you’re interested in a career in teaching, media, publishing or advertising, our online Bachelor in English Studies might be the perfect first step.
Designed to equip students with both the critical and practical skills required to understand and teach the world’s primary international language, our program is comprehensive and flexible so you can fit it in alongside your existing personal and professional commitments.
The program reflects the increased demand for teachers in schools, private institutes and private lessons for young children, students and professionals who want to improve their English.
The program’s content fosters critical thinking and clear writing skills which offer graduates multiple employment opportunities in business and government organizations as well.
- Linguistics: Language & Structure
- Critical and Cultural Theory
- English Grammar
- Women in Literature
Jobs related to your degree:
- Digital copywriter
- Editorial Assistant
- English as a foreign language teacher
- Magazine Journalist
- Newspaper journalist
- Publishing copy- editor/ proofreader
RATED FOR EXCELLENCE
5 Stars Distinction for Online Learning
European University Cyprus has received the Five Stars distinction in the area of Online Learning on the QS TOP UNIVERSITIES (QS Stars University Ratings) rating of institutions around the world. This rating of excellence was achieved with high scores for student-faculty engagement, student services and technology and for commitment to online learning. Through rigorous and independent data collection and analysis of performance metrics, European University Cyprus also received Five Stars in teaching, employability, internationalization, medicine and inclusiveness.
Distance Education Unit
The Online Learning Approach
- Use of a variety of digital technologies to enrich the learning environment
- Application of current online-teaching methodologies to cater to individual learning styles
- Interactive activities throughout semester to accomplish learning outcomes/skills (50% of final grade for each course)
- Final written examinations (50% of the final grade for each course)
- Use of synchronous (teleconferencing, chat, etc.) and asynchronous (email, discussion forums, wikis, etc.) communication for course content and feedback
The Infrastructure and Support
- Faculty with extensive online-education training and ongoing professional development
- Use of comprehensive and up-to-date sources and educational material
- Modern virtual campus e-learning platform through Blackboard Learn
- Modern web-conference tools and online collaboration through Blackboard Collaborate
- 24/7/365 access to the University Library services and resources through Open Athens
- 24-hour online technical support services
- Personal Advisor for academic support and mentoring
- Career Center for professional and employment advising
By the Numbers
NATIONALITIES ON CAMPUS
GRADUATE EMPLOYMENT RATE